The online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program prepares qualified students for leadership positions in the 21st century global marketplace. Future leaders will need to balance the goals of economic success with the constraints of greater social and environmental responsibility. Students are instructed by a distinguished faculty and learn to integrate changing human and information resources with continually developing technology, while nurturing the entrepreneurial spirit that has always been one of the key characteristics to successful businesses and management. The program content of both on-ground and online BSBA programs are exactly the same, only the delivery methods are different. The BSBA program is offered in a distance-learning format for the following concentrations:
In business organizations and situations, VIU Online BSBA graduates will be able to:
- Conceptualize a complex issue into a coherent, persuasive written or oral statement;
- Use critical thinking skills to evaluate information, solve problems, and make sound decisions;
- Use information technology in decision-making;
- Apply general concepts of ethical behavior in dealing with stakeholders;
- Understand the importance of group dynamics in achieving organizational goals and use the skills needed for effective teamwork; and
- Understand the importance of culture and diversity.