The Master of Science in Software Engineering (MSE) program prepares students to become Software Engineering leaders, and address the global need for professionals that apply computer science, engineering, and mathematical principles to design, develop, and test software. The core of the program is focused on building a foundation of critical thinking skills on which to make professional judgments.
Degree at a Glance
|Number of Credits||36|
|Cost per Credit||$409.00|
|*The estimated tuition does not include additional fees, supplies, scholarships, or transfer credits. The estimate reflects tuition for the 2014-2015 academic year. For full and current tuition information, please visit the Tuition and Fees page.|
The program objectives fall in three general categories: Technical, organizational and cross-cutting knowledge, skills and dispositions. Upon completion of the program, the graduates will be able to:
I. Technical Domain
- Apply emerging software development technologies to build robust products and solutions to enable services computing based on service-oriented architecture
- Implement latest software engineering processes where large-scale business application design is pre-eminent and system integration is the standard mode of development
II. Organizational Domain
- Manage the in-house and outsources development of software projects.
- Contribute to business processes through a process of analysis, design and optimization in response to organizational needs.
III. Crosscutting Domain
- Analyze social and other external impacts along with relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and professional issues in business and technical decision-making.
- Communicate effectively with technical, business and user/customer audiences.
- Develop depth in a selected area of expertise.
Graduates of this program can anticipate the following types of careers:
- Software Engineer or developer
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Programmer Analyst
- Software Manager
- Solutions Architect
- Technical Systems Analyst
- Applications Software Coordinator
- Software Architect
- Researcher in software engineering
- Instructor at a college or university teaching software engineering-related courses