(For Graduate Program Applicants Only)
VIU School of Online Education requires a minimum Cumulative GPA (CGPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale when applying for admission to the university in order to ensure that students will have the ability to benefit from education in our institution. VIU Online also recognizes that a CGPA is not the sole indicator of a student’s ability to succeed, and other parameters, such as professional experience, may be an indication of the applicant’s ability to benefit.
CGPA Waiver Policy
Any student who wishes to apply to a Graduate Program at VIU School of Online Education with a CGPA score that is lower than 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, must submit an official waiver request packet along with their application for admission. A waiver request packet includes the following items:
- A letter to the Dean of the program for which you are applying, stating that you request to be considered for admission with a CGPA that does not meet the minimum requirements.
- A 1-page essay outlining the reasons why the CGPA fell below the 2.5 threshold, as well as what sets them apart to be a good candidate for admission to VIU & the program.
- Copies of Official Transcript & translation (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (Professional & Academic preferred).
The GPA Waiver Request Packet will be reviewed and a formal recommendation on approval of the waiver request will be made by our Academic Standards Committee, which include the following individuals:
- Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Faculty from School of Business / Faculty from SCIS / Faculty from SED / Faculty from SPIA