- Online Application Form, $20 application fee
- Official Scanned Color Copy of your Bachelor's Degree Diploma
- Official Scanned Copy of your Bachelor's Degree Transcript
-When applying you must turn in your official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have attended. Transcripts must be the original or scanned color copies of the original document(s). International applicants must submit an English translation of the transcripts. A minimum of a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required for admission.
All applicants must submit a form of government-issued photo identification. (Examples include passport, driver’s license, or a permanent residency card.)
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- In addition to the general admission requirements, students who apply for federal financial aid must submit a high school diploma and/or transcript, GED or equivalent. For foreign high school documents, an official evaluation from an accredited evaluation agency is also required. To learn more about federal financial aid at VIU, please click here
Additional documents are required for applicants to the School of Education or the School of Public & International Affairs. In continuance with the above mentioned admission requirements, students who are applying to programs in the School of Education or the School of Public & International Affairs will need to submit the following:
- OFFICIAL RECOMMENDATION Minimum of 2 official recommendations from a professional who can speak to the candidate’s academic abilities (preferably from a current/former instructor or a current/former employer, at least one must be dated within the last 3 years), All recommendations should be written in English or provide an official translation.
- ACADEMIC STATEMENT OF PURPOSE of 500 words defining the applicant’s academic interests, professional objectives, areas of interest to be explored in the program, and reasoning behind joining the program. The statement of purpose should demonstrate an understanding of the specific program to which the candidate is applying and make connections to the applicant’s eventual career aspirations. Statements must be written in English in the candidate’s own words.
- RÉSUMÉ/CURRICULUM VITAE detailing current and/or previous work history and education. Previous work history is not a requirement for admission.
*Please Note: All documents that are submitted, must be Scanned Color Copies of the Original & English Translated Documents – Photocopies are NOT acceptable forms of documentation.
You may submit your documents through one of the following methods:
- Upload Your Documents To The Application Portal: Please upload all of your supporting documents to your application portal at, https://portal.viu.edu/viuonline/login.asp. Once your documents are correctly uploaded in the system, we ask that you please allow 7-14 business days to process your documents. POSTAL MAIL:Please submit all of your documents to the following address:
*Please Note: Submitting your documents through Postal Mail, may cause the documents process to take anywhere from 14-21 business days, upon the receipt of your documents.
For a list of the documents required for the application process, please click here. Only original or scanned color copies of the original documents will be accepted for admission purposes.
VIU has the right to request original documentation. The submission of fabricated or false documents will result in the banning of admission to the university.
DISCLAIMER: Documents submitted for admission purposes will not be stored by the university. The University is unable to return any document to the applicant.