- Online Application Form, $20 application fee
- Identification: All applicants must submit a form of government-issued photo identification. (Examples include passport, driver’s license, or a permanent residency card.)
- All applicants must submit proof of a certain level of English language proficiency as indicated in the table below. There are two ways to meet these English language proficiency requirements for high-advanced (pre-academic) ESL online courses:
- Submit scores for one of the following tests:
Test Name Minimum Score* TOEFL iBT 50 TOEFL pBT 463 IELTS Academic Overall band 5.5 PTE Academic 40 ITEP Academic Plus 4 *Scores must be less than 2 years old. If the student has been studying continuously at a college or university in the United States, s/he may submit an older score that has been accepted at the current school.
- Complete VIU’s placement test, which is available onground and online. The placement test will determine whether the student has sufficient English proficiency to benefit from the level. Admission is not guaranteed.
*Please Note: All documents submitted, must be Scanned Color Copies of the Original & English Translated Documents – Photocopies are NOT acceptable forms of documentation.
You may submit your documents through One of the following methods:
- 1. Upload Your Documents To The Application Portal: Please upload all of your supporting documents to your application portal at, https://portal.viu.edu/viuonline/login.asp. Once your documents are correctly uploaded in the system, we ask that you please allow 7-14 business days to process your documents..
- POSTAL MAIL:Please submit all of your documents to the following address:
*Please Note: Submitting your documents through Postal Mail, may cause the documents process to take anywhere from 14-21 business days, upon the receipt of your documents.
For a list of the documents required for the application process, please click here. Only original or scanned color copies of the original documents will be accepted for admission purposes.
VIU has the right to request original documentation. The submission of fabricated or false documents will result in the banning of admission to the university.
Am I ready to take high-advanced ESL online courses?,please click here.
DISCLAIMER: Documents submitted for admission purposes will not be stored by the university. The University is unable to return any document to the applicant.
No applications or documents will be processed without the $50 application fee. Applications submitted without the $50 application fee will be discarded.